How We Collect Personal and Non-Personal Information through the Online Services
We collect two kinds of information through the Online Services: non-personal information and personal information.
The non-personal information we collect includes: the visitor's browser type, device type, and operating system; area(s) of the Online Services visited; date and time of access; host or Internet service provider (ISP) information; and identity of the referring site (any site from which the visitor accessed the Online Services).
We also collect personal information that can identify a visitor, user or insured, including but not limited to name, address or other contact information, policy information, claim information (including materials you submit as part of your claim), customer service requests, or other information that you choose to provide to us, but only when you voluntarily provide it.
Sources of Personal Information We Collect
The type of personal information we collect depends on the financial product or service (if any), or other interaction, that you have with us. We may collect the categories of personal information listed above from the categories of sources described in the Sources of Personal and Non-Personal Information We Collect section below.
Sources of Personal and Non-Personal Information We Collect
We may collect personal and non-personal information from the following sources:
- information from you directly or from your agent, broker or other representative, including information from applications, worksheets, questionnaires, claim forms or other documents (such as name, address, driver's license number, Social Security number and amount of coverage requested);
- information about your transactions with us, our affiliates or others (such as products or services purchased, claims made, account balances and payment history);
- information about you from a corporate policyholder or its representatives in connection with your coverage or a claim that you may have under the corporate policyholder's policy;
- information from a consumer reporting agency (such as motor vehicle reports or information about your credit or creditworthiness);
- information from other non-iBynd sources (such as prior loss information and demographic information);
- information from iBynd service providers, business partners or other representatives (such as administrators and adjusters);
- information from visitors to our websites (such as that provided through online forms and collected through other website tools);
- information from an employer, benefit plan sponsor, benefit plan administrator or group master policyholder for any iBynd individual or group insurance product that you may have (such as name, address and amount of coverage requested); and
- we may also collect information about you from public sources (such as information you submit in a public forum, a blog, chat room, or social network).
We may use and share the information we collect through the Online Services for a number of purposes including:
- to provide you with, renew or modify products and services;
- to provide you with the information and documents you request and for other customer service purposes;
- to process claims and other legal actions;
- to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing, collections and payments;
- to deliver marketing communications or promotional materials that may be of interest to you and to assist us in determining relevant advertising;
- for advertising and marketing purposes, as well as claims assessment and actuarial purposes, we may share your information with analytics service providers;
- to improve, enhance and maintain the quality of services we provide and the usefulness of the Online Services;
- to customize your experience when using the Online Services;
- to comply with applicable laws;
- to respond to law enforcement requests, court orders or regulations, subpoenas, search warrants, other legal processes, or to perform other reporting obligations, as required by applicable law;
- to perform research, testing and product development and demonstrations, and to analyze use of our websites and online applications;
- to prevent and detect fraudulent, malicious, deceptive, infringements of our policies and contracts and other potential misuse of or illegal activity relating to our products, services and assets;
- to carry out actuarial analysis and develop our actuarial and pricing models;
- to assist our affiliates in their everyday business purposes;
- to provide training or organize events;
- as described to you when collecting your personal information;
- to investigate privacy, security or employment-related incidents;
- to refer you to our third party partners as part of a referral program;
- to conduct financial, tax and accounting audits, and audits and assessments of iBynd's business operations or security and financial controls;
- to plan, engage in due diligence for, and implement commercial transactions; and
- to comply with contracts related to products or services that we provide to you such as reinsurance agreements.
We also may anonymize, combine or aggregate any of the information we collect through the Online Services or elsewhere for any of these purposes or for analyzing usage statistics and trends.
In addition, we may share your information in the following circumstances:
- We may disclose the information we collect from you to our affiliates or subsidiaries;
- We may disclose the information we collect from you to vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform functions on our behalf;
- If our assets or equity are acquired by or merged with another company, if substantially all of our assets are transferred to another company, or as part of a bankruptcy proceeding, we may transfer the information we have collected from you to the other company;
- We also may disclose the information we collect from you in order to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order, or other legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena;
- We may share aggregate or de-identified information about users with third parties for marketing, advertising, research or similar purposes.
If you provide us with personal information in connection with products or services that we provide to you primarily for personal, family or household use, we will not sell, license, transmit or disclose this information outside of the iBynd affiliates unless:
- you expressly authorize us to do so;
- it is needed to allow our contractors or agents to provide services for us;
- it is needed to provide our products or services to you;
- it is disclosed to entities that perform marketing services on our behalf or to other entities with whom we have joint marketing agreements;
- in connection with a merger, consolidation, acquisition, divestiture or other corporate restructuring of all or part of our business; or
- it is otherwise required or permitted by law.
The privacy of children online is an important issue to iBynd, and iBynd encourages parents to supervise their children's activities online. iBynd does not seek or knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. iBynd requests that children under the age of 13 not disclose or provide any personal information through the Online Services. If we learn that we have received information directly from a child who is under the age of 13, we will take appropriate action in accordance with applicable law. To learn more about the Children's Online Privacy Protect Act (COPPA) please visit the Federal Trade Commission's website at https://www.ftc.gov/.
How We Use "Cookies" and Other Data Collection Tools
Why are cookies important for the use of iBynd websites?
- Cookies enable an individually tailored use of the websites. Some functions on our websites cannot be used without cookies, i.e. logging in or changing settings. Cookies need to be enabled for optimal use of the website.
- We are unable to monitor visitor numbers for our website without cookies. Security and fraud risks on our site increase without this information, which is something we wish to avoid.
- Cookies allow us to check how users access and navigate our site. This is very important in order to make the website better and more user friendly.
Types of Cookies
Cookies may be either "persistent" cookies or "session" cookies. This website uses both persistent and session cookies.
A persistent cookie consists of a text file sent by a web server to a web browser, which allows us to collect and analyze (on an anonymous basis) traffic and use of this website, monitor the system and improve operating performance, for example, store your preferences to enhance your subsequent visits. It will not be automatically deleted when the browser is closed but is stored by the browser and will remain valid until its set expiration date (unless deleted by the user before the expiration date).
A session cookie is essential to ensure the correct functioning of this website and is used to manage registration/login and access to reserved features. It is stored temporarily during a browsing session and will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed.
It is also important to be aware that some cookies (which are generally session cookies) are what is known as strictly necessary. Strictly necessary cookies enable you to move around the website and use features which you have explicitly requested. You can disable other forms of cookie while allowing strictly necessary cookies - see "Your Cookies Choices" below.
Clear GIFs, pixel tags, and other technologies. In addition to cookies, we may also use other means of passively collecting non-personally identifiable data about your use of our web sites, such as through the use of "clear GIFs" (small pieces of data that may be embedded in images on our web sites that enable us to track your usage of our web sites) and analyzing "click stream" data (the virtual trail you leave behind while browsing the Internet and viewing our web sites).We use clear GIFs and click stream data to gather data about your visit to our web sites and in connection with emails to track response rates. The data may include information about your device, such as your IP address, but does not identify you by name. Blocking cookies will prevent clear GIFs from tracking your activity, and also prevent us from collecting certain other information, such as your IP address; but we still obtain a record of a visit. In addition to the information we collect from cookies, from clear GIFs, through the analysis of click stream data, and any other means we may employ to collect non-personally identifiable information about you or your visits to our web sites, we may also obtain anonymous information which you provide to us online -- for example, when you use our tools and calculators.
Your Cookie Choices
You can enable or disable cookies by adjusting your browser settings. This allows you to reject the placement of all cookies (except strictly necessary cookies). You can also delete cookies which have already been placed on your device.
Please remember that disabling or deleting some or all cookies may prevent some web services (including on this website) from functioning correctly, and may lead to a less smooth or less personalized browsing experience.
You should visit the "Help" section of your browser for how to manage your cookie settings, or follow the links below:
- Internet Explorer: http://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/260971/description-of-cookies
- Mozilla Firefox: http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Cookies
- Google Chrome: http://www.google.com/support/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=95647
- Safari: http://support.apple.com/kb/PH5042
- Opera: http://help.opera.com/en/latest/web-preferences/#cookies
For further general information on cookies and more detailed advice on how to disable and enable them please go to http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
Opting-out of Third Party Ad Networks
You may opt out of many third-party ad networks. For example, you may go to the Digital Advertising Alliance ("DAA") Consumer Choice Page for information about opting out of interest-based advertising and their choices regarding having information used byDAA companies. You may also go to the Network Advertising Initiative ("NAI") Consumer Opt-Out Page for information about opting out of interest-based advertising and their choices regarding having information used by NAI members.
Opting out from one or more companies listed on the DAA Consumer Choice Page or the NAI Consumer Opt-Out Page will opt you out from those companies' delivery of interest-based content or ads to you, but it does not mean you will no longer receive any advertising on other websites. You may continue to receive advertisements, for example, based on the particular website that you are viewing (i.e., contextually based ads). Also, if your browsers are configured to reject cookies when you opt out on the DAA or NAI websites, your opt out may not be effective. Additional information is available on the DAA's website at www.aboutads.info or the NAI's website at www.networkadvertising.org.
Security of Internet Communications
The Internet is not a secure medium. Unfortunately, no method of transmitting or storing data can be guaranteed to be secure, and we do not assume any responsibility for any harm, loss or damage you may experience from transmission of information by or to iBynd over the Internet. If you believe that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised, please contact us using one of the methods described below.
How to Contact Us and Access and Correct Your Information
If you have a question or would like to access and correct personal information you have submitted to us through the Online Services, please log into your account for the particular Online Service or send a letter or email to the address below with your question or requesting to see your information.
Please address requests to:
Integrated Bind, LLC
Attention: Privacy Inquiries
600 Sylvan Avenue
Englewood Cliffs, NJ 07632
Blogs and Other Interactive Features
We may offer blogs, online forums or other interactive features on the Online Services that enable you to share information about our services or other issues of interest. You should be aware that any communications you submit or post to any such interactive features on the Online Services may be viewable by other participants or users. Therefore, by submitting or posting to such interactive features you acknowledge and agree that you have no expectation of privacy or confidentiality in the content you submit for such features, whether or not it contains personal information about you.
Links to Other Sites
We are not responsible for the collection, usage and disclosure policies and practices (including the data security practices) of other organizations, such as Google, Apple, Microsoft and Facebook or any other app developer, app provider, social media platform provider, operating system provider, wireless service provider or device manufacturer, including any Personal Information you disclose through or in connection with the Apps or our Social Media Pages.
U.S. Consumer Privacy Notice
WHAT DOES Integrated Bind, LLC.
DO WITH YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
|Why?||Insurance companies choose how they share the personal information of consumers who obtain an insurance product. Federal law gives consumers the right to limit some but not all sharing. Federal law also requires us to tell you how we collect, share, and protect your personal information. Please read this notice carefully to understand what we do.|
|What?||The types of personal information we collect and share depend on the product or service you have with us. This information can include:|
|How?||Insurance companies need to share customers’ personal information to run their everyday business. In the section below, we list the reasons insurance companies can share their customers’ personal information; the reasons iBynd chooses to share; and whether you can limit this sharing.|
|Reasons we can share your personal information||Does Integrated Bind LLC. share?||Can you limit this sharing?|
|For our everyday business purposes—|
such as to process your transactions, maintain your account(s), respond to court orders and legal investigations, or report to credit bureaus
|For our marketing purposes—|
to offer our products and services to you
|For joint marketing with other ﬁnancial companies||We don't share||N/A|
|For our afﬁliates’ everyday business purposes—|
information about your transactions and experiences
|We don't share||N/A|
|For our afﬁliates’ everyday business purposes—|
information about your creditworthiness
|We don't share||N/A|
|For our afﬁliates to market to you||We don't share||N/A|
|For nonafﬁliates to market to you||We don't share||N/A|
|To limit our sharing|
If you are a new customer, we can begin sharing your information 30 days from the date we sent this notice. When you are no longer our customer, we continue to share your information as described in this notice.
However, you can contact us at any time to limit our sharing.
|Who we are|
|Who is providing this notice?||Integrated Bind, LLC, d/b/a iBynd|
|What we do|
|How does |
protect my personal information?
|To protect your personal information from unauthorized access and use, we use security measures that comply with federal law. These measures include computer safeguards and secured ﬁles and buildings.|
|How does |
collect my personal information?
|We collect your personal information, for example, when you|
|Why can’t I limit all sharing?||Federal law gives you the right to limit only|
|What happens when I limit sharing for an account I hold jointly with someone else?||Your choices will apply to everyone on your account|
|Afﬁliates||We do not share with our affiliate companies.|
|Nonafﬁliates||We do not share with Nonaffiliate companies.|
|Joint marketing||We do not jointly market you.|
|Categories of Personal Information Exempt Under CCPA||Additional iBynd Notices You May Receive|
|Health or medical information that we collect and that is subject to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 ("HIPAA"), the California Confidentiality of Medical Information Act or the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act. For example, where we provide you with a covered health insurance plan.||iBynd provides a separate HIPAA privacy notice to certain individual consumers as required under applicable laws and regulations.|
|Personal information we collect in connection with the issuance of financial products or services to you that are to be used primarily for your personal, family, or household purposes and that is subject to the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act ("GLBA") or the California Financial Information Privacy Act. For example, where we provide you with a personal insurance policy, or where we handle a claim from you as an individual. Note that this exclusion may not apply to all of your personal information, including to personal information collected before you become a customer.||iBynd provides a separate GLBA privacy notice to certain individual consumers as required under applicable laws and regulations|
|Personal information we collect about job applicants, independent contractors, or current or former full-time, part-time and temporary employees and staff, officers, directors or owners of iBynd, and that is used solely in that context.||iBynd provides a separate privacy notice as required under the CCPA.|
|Personal information we collect and provide for use that is subject to the Fair Credit Reporting Act.|
|Personal information we collect as a motor vehicle record and that is subject to the Driver's Privacy Protection Act of 1994.|
|Personal information we collect as a motor vehicle record and that is subject to the Driver's Privacy Protection Act of 1994|
|Except for your Right to Opt-out and your Right of Non-Discrimination (see "Your CCPA Rights and Choices" below), personal information we collect in a "business-to-business context". This personal information is collected when we engage in a business-to-business transaction or communicate solely in the context of conducting due diligence for, providing or receiving a product or service to or from a company and obtain personal information regarding California residents. For example, where you work for a iBynd supplier and we receive your business contact information in the context of receiving services from that supplier.|
Categories of Personal Information We Collect & Disclose Subject to this California
We collect personal information about a variety of California residents, including actual and prospective policyholders, representatives of corporate policyholders, other insured persons, third party claimants, actual and prospective agents or business partners, brokers and iBynd service providers. The type of personal information we collect depends on the context in which your information is collected, as well as the product or service (if any) that you have with us. The table below sets out generally the categories of personal information (as defined by the CCPA) about California residents that we may have collected in the prior 12 months and disclosed to others for a business purpose. We collect these categories of personal information from the sources described in the "Sources of Personal Information We Collect" section above, and for the purposes described above in the "How we use share information" section. Note that our collection, use and disclosure of personal information about you will vary depending upon the circumstances and nature of our interactions or relationship with you.
Disclosures: We may disclose for a business purpose each of the categories of personal information described in the table below to the following categories of other entities: service providers, agents, regulators, auditors, counsel, consultants, reinsurers, advisors, representatives, affiliates, advertising networks, banks, operating systems/platforms, law enforcement, government entities, tribunals and courts.
As described in more detail below, We Do Not Sell Personal Information subject to the CCPA.
For more details on how we share personal information, see the How We Use and Share Your Information section above. The following chart illustrates personal information that iBynd may collect.
|Category||Examples||Collected||Disclosed for a business purpose(s)|
|Name, Contact Information and other Identifiers||A real name, alias, job title, address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, device IDs, Internet Protocol address, email address, date of birth, policy number, salary information, social security number (e.g. in the context of workers’ compensation insurance), driver’s license number, other government identifiers, credit card number (e.g., in relation to credit card enhancement products), and tax ID.||YES||YES|
|Customer Records||A paper or electronic customer or claimant record containing personal information, as well as information provided by a reinsurance or insurance broker/agent for underwriting purposes and information included in a list of claims, such as name, signature, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, education, current employment, employment history, social security number, passport number, driver’s license or state identification card number, insurance policy number, bank account number, payment card number, gender, height, weight, medical information (including reports and medical bills), health insurance information, details about home address, security and travel plan arrangements, records of personal property, products or services purchased or obtained.||YES||YES|
|Characteristics of Protected Classifications under California Law||Age (40 years or older), race, national ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion or creed, marital status, pregnancy, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, and veteran or military status.||YES||YES|
|Usage Data||Internet or other electronic network activity information regarding a California resident's interaction with our portals, Internet websites, applications, or advertisements, including, but not limited to, browsing history, clickstream data, and search history.||YES||YES|
|Biometric Information||Individual biological or behavioral characteristics including measurements of physical characteristics such as height, weight and blood pressure, sleep, health, or exercise data that contain identifying information.||YES||YES|
|Non-Public Educational Information||Education records directly related to a student maintained by an educational or institution or party acting on its behalf, such as grades, transcripts, class lists, student schedules, student identification codes and student disciplinary records.||YES||YES|
|Geolocation Data||Physical location or movements.||YES||YES|
|Audio, Video and Other Electronic Data||Audio information including call recordings, video and photographs.||YES||YES|
|Professional or Employment-Related Information||Employment history, qualifications, licensing, and disciplinary record.||YES||YES|
|Inferences drawn from other personal information||Inferences drawn from any of the information described in this section about a consumer including inferences reflecting the consumer’s preferences, characteristics, behavior and abilities.||YES||YES|
We may use the information we collect for a number of business or commercial purposes, including the purposes listed in the How We Use and Share Your Information section above.
We do not sell personal information subject to the CCPA. Our business practice is not to sell personal information that is subject to the CCPA even within the meaning of the broad definition of "sale" in the CCPA, and we are not selling and do not have plans to sell personal information of California residents. However, we support consumer choice regarding use of consumers' personal information and for this reason, refer you to the Right to Opt-out of Sales" section immediately below for more information on how to register your choice with us with regard to future uses of your personal information.
Your CCPA Rights and Choices
The CCPA provides California residents with specific rights regarding their personal information. This section describes your rights under the CCPA and explains how to exercise those rights. Subject to certain exceptions, California consumers have the right to make the following requests:
Right to Opt-out of Sales: We do not sell personal information of California residents. Further, we will not sell personal information if we have actual knowledge that the consumer is less than 16 years of age, unless we receive affirmative authorization ("opt-in") from either the consumer between 13 and 16 years of age, or the parent or guardian of a consumer less than 13 years of age.
If you would like to register your choice with regard to future uses of your personal information, please visit us at our Data Subject Request web page by clicking here and we will register your details for this purpose.
Other businesses collect information, including IP addresses, digital identifiers, information about your web browsing and app usage, and how you interact with ads in order to provide you with relevant ads across the Internet and for other analytics purposes. By visiting www.privacyrights.info or optout.privacyrights.info, you can opt out of this type of use of personal information by businesses that participate in the opt out tool. To make opt-out requests related to mobile apps on your device for businesses participating in the DAA's CCPA App-based Opt-Out Tool, you can download the appropriate app at www.youradchoices.com/appchoices.
Right to Delete: You have the right to request that we delete the personal information that we have collected and retained (without charge), unless an exemption applies. Once we receive and verify your request, we will delete (and, if applicable, direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records, unless an exemption applies.
Right to Know: You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months (up to twice per year and subject to certain exceptions). Once we receive and verify your request, we will disclose to you as required:
- the categories of personal information we collected about you;
- the categories of sources from which we collected personal information about you;
- categories of personal information we have disclosed for a business purpose;
- the categories of third parties to whom we have disclosed that personal information;
- our business or commercial purposes for collecting that personal information; and
- the specific pieces of personal information we collected from you.
Submitting Requests: You can submit a deletion or right to know request by either:
- Emailing us at email@example.com; or
- Calling us at 833-429-6301
We will respond to verifiable requests received from California residents as required by law. When you submit a request to know or a request to delete, we will take steps to verify your request by matching the information that you provide with the information we have in our records and/or requiring authentication through your usual log-in credentials if you are an account holder. You must provide us with your name, email address, and physical address. In some cases, we may request additional information in order to verify your request or where necessary to process your request. We may also carry out checks, including with third party identity verification services, to verify your identity before taking any action with your personal information. If we are unable to adequately verify a request, we will notify the requestor.
Non-Discrimination and Financial Incentives: You have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment for the exercise of the privacy rights conferred by the CCPA. We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights or impose unreasonable requirements on financial incentives offered to California consumers related to your personal information. We may offer different prices, rates, or quality of goods or services if the difference is reasonably related to the value of your personal information.
Integrated Bind, LLC
Attention: Privacy Inquiries
600 Sylvan Avenue
Englewood Cliffs, NJ 07632
Last updated: 3/1/2022